Little Explorers - Autism Group Program (4 - 6 years old)
Next Intake: August 2023
Focused on child's long-term success and future school readiness skills
Highly-skilled team with a group ratio of 1 teacher to 2 students
Individualized curriculums to ensure your child's individual needs are met
Comprehensive curriculum for all-rounded skills development
Diverse learning experiences encompassing many themes, concepts and content
Constant ongoing assessments to ensure your child's needs are re-evaluated and maximised
As every child is different and each have their own unique learning needs, we will design for each child an individualised curriculum to meet their needs so as to maximize their learning potential. Their learning will be dynamic as we will expose and provide meaningful learning experiences through a wide range of themes, concepts and content.
Our goal is to help your child become an independent learner which will contribute to their success in learning in school in the future. The group program curriculum will also include pivotal learning to learn skills such as: increase attending skills, planning organizational skills, and problem-solving skills.
Our group program includes:
Language & Communication Skills
- Receptive understanding in language
- Spontaneous communication
- General Knowledgex`
Cognitive & Abstract Reasoning Skills
- Basic concepts: Attributes, prepositions, etc
- Temporal concepts: Days of the week, time of the day, etc.
- Reasoning and inferencing
- Observational learning from peers and others
- Learning vicariously from others’ experience
- Memory skills
- Sustaining attention
- Problem-solving skills
Gross & Fine Motor Skills
- Co-ordination in using gross motor skills
- Colouring and writing skills
- Cutting and pasting skills
- Develop social interests
- Social interaction
- Social communication
- Emotional regulation and stress management
- Develop wide interests
- Playing with a variety of toys independently
- Group games
Organization & Self-help Skills
- Independence skills related to class routines
- Getting materials ready for various lessons
- Planning for activities
We conduct ongoing assessments to ensure your child's individual goals and needs are met on top of group learning goals.
Before coming up with the individualized program for the child we will conduct assessments in key areas: communication and language skills, play and interest skills, social skills, independent skills, learning to learn skills and behaviours. After careful observations we will then design an individualised curriculum to start addressing these areas.
Our assessment is not one off, it is ongoing. As we work with the child we will add and/or make adjustments accordingly to what is the need of the child ensuring the child’s short and long term learning needs are addressed in a meaningful way.
|Date||Monday – Friday|
|Time||AM Session: 09:00 – 11:45am|
|Age||4 to 6 years old|
|No. of Students||6 to 8 students|
|Group Ratio||1 Teacher to 2 Students|
|Min. Commitment||1 Term – 3 Months|
- Prepare your child to be more ready to learn in school by equipping your child with critical skills for school learning
- Enable them to transit into appropriate school setting with minimal support
- Enhance communication and social skills
- Develop your child to be more independent and increase his skills to be a more independent learner
- The class size is up to 8 children.
- Ratio is 1:2
- Age range is 4-6 years old
Students should be able to transition to a school that is suitable and matches their cognitive abilities, if necessary, with shadow support in the beginning which will be faded based on the needs and progress of the child.