Autism Resources: Parent Training & Education
Online ABA Parent Training Series: Foundational Skills for Parents with Children with Autism (ASD)
Looking to learn and understand Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) but not sure where to start?
Our Online Parent Training Series offers foundational skills training for SIX topics: behaviour, compliance, language and communication, reinforcement, self-help
& learning-how-to-learn skills.
- Total Duration: 9 hours
- Average Duration per Topic: 1.5 hours
- Total Topics: 6 Fundamental ABA Skills
- Validity: 3 months after activation
|1. How do I motivate my child to learn at home?||Understand what reinforcers are and how they motivate your child to learn. Learn how to use reinforcers to motivate your child to learn.|
|2. How do I increase my child’s compliance at home?||Understand what is non-compliance and why non-compliance can be deliberate, but at times, may also result from a lack of knowledge or motivation. Learn tips and strategies on how to increase compliance at home.|
|3. How do I manage my child’s behaviors at home?||Understand why different behaviors such as tantrums, aggression to self or others, or passive behaviors like engaging in self-stimulation and inattention occur. Learn how to manage these behaviors as a parent or caregiver at home to get your child to listen to you.|
|4. How do I teach my child to make requests spontaneously at home?||Understand what is spontaneous communication and why is it important. Learn strategies to tempt and teach your child how to communicate his/her requests at home.|
|5. How do I teach my child “learning how to learn” skills?||Understand why “learning how to learn” skills is absolutely pivotal in a child’s success. Learn how to teach your child to understand feedback, remain calm, and pay attention to help him/her accelerate her learning process.|
|6. How do I teach my child self-help skills at home?||Understand what self-helps skills are. Learn how to teach your child to do daily tasks with less assistance.|
Hands-on: Customised ABA Parent Training Program
Looking for a short-term program to help you manage certain challenging situations at home? Our Customized Parent Training Program may just be what you are looking for!
Designed to suit the needs of your family, our trainer will work directly with your family and child to design a customised training plan to work on specific goal(s) to be achieved in a short period. These sessions will be offered at the date and time of your convenience. This training aims to address and resolve certain challenging issue(s) at home including: Compliance, Behaviour Management and Increasing Communication Opportunities.
- Duration of ABA Training: 18 hours (inclusive of didactics, 1:1 consultation & hands-on sessions) + complimentary 2 hours (consultation & informal observation)
- Inclusive of Reading Material: “A Work-in-Progress” DVD Series & Book (Worth $180)
|For:||Parents / Caregivers of Children with Autism (ASD)|
|Date & Time:|| To Be Arranged by Parents|
Sessions can be scheduled at your convenience and have to be completed within a month of commencement
|Location:|| Home-based or Clinic-based |
Dependant on your program needs, requirements and clinical recommendation
|Trainer:||Behavior Consultant, Case/Program Supervisor & Senior Level Trainers|
|Language:||English / Mandarin / Bahasa|
|Ratio:||1 Trainer : Up to 3 Persons (Family members / Caregivers)|
|Fee:|| $3000 | $4000* (not inclusive of 7% GST)|
*Extra charges apply for sessions scheduled out of our operating hours
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
Who is this for?
- Parents and caregivers of children with Autism (ASD)
What is the ratio for teacher to families?
- 1:2 persons
What is the duration of this program?
- This program runs for 18 hours and can be spread across 3 days to a maximum of 1 month.
What language is the program conducted in?
- All sessions are conducted in English.
- Sessions can be scheduled at your convenience and have to be completed within a month of commencement.
- This workshop is suitable for parents/caregivers of children with autism between the age of 3 to 8 years old.
- This workshop is customised to suit the needs of your family. Goals and objectives will be discussed prior to program commencement.
- Your child will have to participate during the hands-on sessions and parents/caregivers (up to 3 persons) will be work with our trainer.
Sessions can be conducted at our clinic depending on your program needs, requirements and clinical recommendation.
- *Extra charges apply for sessions scheduled out of our operating hours. Our working hours are Monday to Friday (8:30 AM to 6:00 PM).
Fees quoted are not inclusive of 7% GST.
- AP will conduct a pre-screening of the child’s ability and age prior to the training and reserves the right to make the final decision on the program admission. AP will refund all fees if the requirements are not met. AP will not refund any fees for no show.