Parent education and training is an integral part of the Autism Partnership’s Method.
Raising a child with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can be challenging. Parent involvement and their ability to implement ABA strategies is essential in obtaining the best long-term outcome for a child with autism. The more parents participate in the course of treatment and the more skilful they are, the closer we are to achieving the best possible outcome for the child.
Training sessions offered at the centre will be aimed at improving the skills of parents and are individualized to each parent and child. The format of the training will be a combination of a didactic lecture as well as some hands-on practice with their children. Areas that will be covered will include Compliance, Behavior Management and how to increase communication opportunities.
This training aims to help parents address and manage challenging issues that happen at home.
Sign up by 30 Nov to enjoy a special rate of up to $700 off! Scroll down for more details.
Hurry, as limited slots are available! Register your interest today below!
PARENT TRAINING WORKSHOP DETAILS:
|Lead Trainer||Led by Reshani Satharasinghe, Behavior Consultant, BCBA certified in collaboration with Senior Level Trainers|
|Location||AP Singapore Office (Didactic lecture available on ZOOM)|
|Target Participants||Parents and caregivers of children with Autism (ASD)|
|Fee - Didactic lecture only**||S$ 150* (U.P. S$180) /Pax|
|Fee - Didactics + Hands-on||S$ 1000/Pax | S$ 1800* (U.P. $2500)/Up to 3 Pax in a family|
*Sign up by 30 Nov to enjoy the special rate
** Didactics available via on-site & zoom
|Didactic lecture only (Available via on-site & ZOOM)||Didactic lecture + Hands-on (Includes 1 hour follow-up consult at the end of workshop)|
|Day 1, 3, 5 (Total: 6 hours)||Day 1 - 6 (Total: 16 hours)|
|S$ 150* (U.P. S$180) – Per Pax||S$ 1000/Pax | S$ 1800* (U.P. $2500)/Up to 3 Pax in a family|
This workshop includes
- ‘A Work In Progress’ Book in English (worth SGD 60)
- 6 hrs Didactic Lecture
- 9 hrs Hands-On Practice with your own child
- 1 hr follow-up parent consultation at the end of training
1. This workshop is suitable for parents/caregivers of children with autism between the age of 3-8.
2. The child will have to participate during the hands-on practice and parents will work directly with their child.
3. AP will conduct a pre-screening of the child’s ability and age prior to the training and reserves the right to make the final decision on the program admission. AP will refund all fees if the requirements are not met. AP will not refund any fees for no show.
About Lead Trainer:
Reshani Satharasinghe holds a Bachelor of Science in Animal Biology from the National University of Singapore and has a Masters in Applied Behavior Analysis from St. Cloud State University. She has provided behavior therapy for children on the autism spectrum since the inception of our Singapore office in 2004, under the direction of Associate Director, Mr. Toby Mountjoy. In 2005, she was seconded to our office in Seal Beach, California to complete a 15 months internship, under the supervision of our Directors, Drs. Ronald Leaf and John McEachin.
Since her return in January 2007, she ran the training programme for new staff. She also provided intensive parent training through our Supernanny/Res-Q programme.
In 2008, she became a Case Supervisor, providing clinical support and case management. In 2010, she completed a 5-month attachment to our UK office and worked as the Regional Coordinator of Services in Leeds.
She returned to Singapore in August 2010 to provide consultation, supervision and training to both clients, parents and staff in Singapore, as well as regionally. Reshani is currently a Behavior Consultant at AP Singapore and regularly conducts a series of training workshops, lectures and school consultations to both professionals and members of the public.
Reshani is also Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
- Parents and caregivers of children with Autism (ASD)
- 1:2 families
- Each session lasts 2 hours
- For Didactic Lecture only: Total 6 hours
- For Didactic lecture + Hands-On Practice: Total 16 hours
- The didactic lecture runs on Fridays, Dec 4th / 11th /18th, from 6.30pm - 8.30pm (Total 6 hours)
- The Hands-On Practice is conducted on Saturdays, Dec 5th/12th/19th from 9.30 am – 12:30 pm
- The full workshop will last 16 hours
- All sessions are conducted in English.