Little Explorers – School Readiness Group Program
(4 - 6 years old)
(4 - 6 years old)
Next Intake: December 2023
School is both an exciting and challenging time for most parents. This is especially so for parents whose children have some challenges in the areas of socialization and communication.
Our Little Explorers program is a school readiness group program that specialises in building a strong foundation in essential skills for school to prepare children with ASD for long-term success in their education journey.
Children enrolled in our Little Explorers will embark on an exciting journey, exploring a wide array of themes and concepts through various fun and meaningful activities. They will have the opportunity to develop essential social skills and form lasting friendships, all while enjoying a diverse and engaging learning experience!
Prepare your child for school with our Little Explorers Group Program
School Readiness Curriculum
As every child is different and each have their own unique learning needs, we will design for each child an individualised curriculum to meet their needs so as to maximize their learning potential. Their learning will be dynamic as we will expose and provide meaningful learning experiences through a wide range of themes, concepts and content.
Our School Readiness Group Program includes:
- Receptive understanding in language
- Spontaneous communication
- General Knowledge
- Basic concepts: Attributes, prepositions, etc
- Temporal concepts: Days of the week, time of the day, etc.
- Reasoning and inferencing
- Observational learning from peers and others
- Learning vicariously from others’ experience
- Memory skills
- Sustaining attention
- Problem-solving skills
- Co-ordination in using gross motor skills
- Colouring and writing skills
- Cutting and pasting skills
- Develop social interests
- Social interaction
- Social communication
- Emotional regulation and stress management
- Develop wide interests
- Playing with a variety of toys independently
- Group games
- Independence skills related to class routines
- Getting materials ready for various lessons
- Planning for activities
We conduct ongoing assessments to ensure your child's individual goals and needs are met on top of group learning goals.
|Date||Monday – Friday|
|Time||AM Session: 09:00 – 11:45am|
|Age||4 to 6 years old|
|No. of Students||6 to 8 students|
|Group Ratio||1 Teacher to 2 Students|
|Min. Commitment||1 Term – 3 Months|
- Prepare your child to be more ready to learn in school by equipping your child with critical skills for school learning
- Enable them to transit into appropriate school setting with minimal support
- Enhance communication and social skills
- Develop your child to be more independent and increase his skills to be a more independent learner
- The class size is up to 8 children.
- Ratio is 1:2
- Age range is 4-6 years old
Students should be able to transition to a school that is suitable and matches their cognitive abilities, if necessary, with shadow support in the beginning which will be faded based on the needs and progress of the child.